Notice: Test mode is enabled. While in test mode no live donations are processed.
Endowment is the lifeblood of any private college or university and a tangible measurement of an institution’s commitment to the future. Invested wisely, endowments ensure sustained excellence over the long term. Donors to endowed funds become a permanent part of the legacy of Daemen College. Endowed scholarships and professorships allow the college to pursue the highest quality students and faculty to provide a dynamic campus environment, driven by the highest levels of intellectual rigor and discourse.
At Daemen, 93% of all students receive some form of merit scholarship. This enables us to recruit highly qualified, diverse and engaged students to the campus community – no matter their financial background or family situation. A healthy scholarship endowment helps make this possible, while also protecting against rising tuition burdens and declining state support. Through endowed scholarships, we will attract a highly capable and diverse student body, equipping students to succeed and thrive in our increasingly global society.
Likewise, endowed professorships make it possible for Daemen to attract, retain, and honor the most dynamic and talented faculty. Our students are challenged and driven to succeed by the mentorship of these professors. Endowed professorships are the highest honor faculty can receive, and are enormously helpful in recruitment and retention of top-tier faculty. Endowed support enables them to initiate groundbreaking research and pioneer projects that offer the greatest potential to impact society, while teaching and training the next generation of student leaders. Endowed professorships are a lasting tribute to the donor, as a legacy of intellectual support is built for lifetimes ahead.
When you endow a scholarship or professorship, not only do you have a permanent, lasting impact on the campus community, you also can select an area of focus that is most important to you personally. For example, recent endowments include:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York Endowed Fund in support of health sciences
- Dr. Michael Brogan Endowed Scholarship, named by alums Brian Gallagher ‘92 and Dr. Robert Huddler ‘92, ‘04 in honor of their mentor to support future physical therapy students
- Class of 1962 Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Nancy Haberman Gacioch Entrepreneurship Program Professorship
- McDonald Family Endowed Fund in Physical Therapy
- Peter A. Siedlecki Endowed Scholarship Fund for Honors Program Students
- J. Paul and Mary E. Synor Endowed Scholarship in Elementary Education
- Joyce Barrett Torre ‘90 and Nelson P. Torre, M.D. Endowed Scholarship Fund in support of students in English and Physician Assistant Studies